Monday, September 14, 2009

My first post

In typical Meg fashion, I've spent the majority of the past two days perfecting the aesthetics of this blog. I am so excited about it, I quite literally may throw up. So here it is, my first post! For those of you who weren't harassed all day for advice on what to call it and more importantly, what color scheme to use, I thought I might update you on my first blog's origins.

First: the web address: haironfiyah.blogspot.com

well. this was a no-brainer. mostly because i didn't think of it. my most beautiful and creative girl kaili elaine is the title author. she appropriately chose this title, as for the second time in my short life, i set my hair on fire this past weekend. yes, it's true. for the second time in my life.

first time: 21st birthday. birthday candles atop home-made carrot cake with cream cheese icing. total disaster.

see photo post incident:


pretending i'm not mad.

proof i suffer from PTSD of flammable locks, i stay at least 5 feet away from all cakes.


Little did I know that the innocently alluring votive candles of Luna Lounge could ignite yet another combustion within my oh so unruly coiffure. luckily, i am an experienced veteran of hair fire extinguishing and no one was injured by the unfortunate incident.

nevertheless, such a learning experience should not be forgotten and is hence immortalized by this slightly odd web address.

Second: Title: Not now, but soon

For those of you who don't know her, Imogen Heap is a slightly odd yet brilliant musician who wrote a song entitled "Not now, but soon", that is now that title of my blog! Here is a video of her explaining what it's all about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GznqJmbrH9Q

Basically she incorporated audio clips of her childhood home's reconstruction into a song she wrote about waiting life out. All i have to say is, "you go girl".

Not now, but soon, in true Imogen style, will embrace the idea that life is a constant reconstruction, and that embracing the complexity of our messy lives will bring not only renovation, but also beauty to our lives and those around us.

I hope you enjoy my musings on life, med school, relationships, and the responsibility of owning both a fort and a bedazzler.

3 comments:

  1. My Mighty Megg.

    This blog truly emphasizes all things that are good.

    Can't wait to read snippets of "I'm in med-school but write like I hate science and am bad at math" posts-- in other words: incredibly whimsically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine too...especially because you still love our fort.

    ReplyDelete